The development of Special Programs involves the implementation of sustainable actions for an integrated environmental performance – operation of special infrastructures within PPCo’s properties. Through innovative ideas and solutions tested by similar applications worldwide, PPCo promotes the construction of facilities in line with procedures based on the principles of “green” design, which contribute to the protection and amelioration of the natural and cultural heritage of an area and ensure a sustainable development, while operating the whole year.
Sustainable development through sustainable investments
PPCo S.A. gives priority to the assets it manages, focusing its strategy on the implementation of a program for the development of major real-estate.
In this context, the company’s entitlement for NSRF funding, greatly increases the available financial resources for development and utilisation. Now, it is possible to design and plan for a number of investments throughout the country as jointly funded projects for the coming years, promoting the qualitative enhancement of the Greek tourism product with a view to introduce new alternative types of tourism. These actions include some innovative pilot initiatives for the eco-development of special tourism products such as:
Lighting of the Spinalonga Castle
Decision of project approval: 4633/439/Α2/24-06-2010
Ecotourism Park at Fanari, Rodopi, Modernisation of Basic Infrastructure Networks and Development of New Tourism Infrastructures
Decision of project approval: 5494/1118/A2/4-11-2011
Environmental upgrade, natural environment protection and management – visitor transportation in the area of PPC’s real-estate in Paliouri, Chalkidiki
Decision of project approval:5576/1147/Α2/9-11-2011
Restoration and promotion of the Achilleion complex in Corfu
Decision of project approval: 5490/1117/Α2/4.11.2011
Eco-development Park at Kaiafas Hot Springs, Completion and modernisation of basic Infrastructure Networks and Development of New Tourism Infrastructures overnight accommodation
Decision of project approval: 112/30/Α2/12-01-2012
Upgrade and modernisation of the existing facilities at Diros caves and Alepotrypa Museum
Decision of project approval: 2355/667/A2/04-05-2012
Maturation of the projects “Phaleron Bay Refurbishment” and “Concession of the Phaleron Conference Centre Operation”
Committed to its vision for sustainable development, Public Properties Company is going through the implementation of its long-term development objectives, strengthening its position and contributing to the promotion of Greece as a top tourism and investment destination worldwide.
One of the most important strategic decisions of PPCo was to increase its disposable economic resources for the development and utilisation of public assets through its entitlement of funding from NSRF.
With the aid of NSRF, a systematic effort is being made in order to carry out a complete program of investments-actions taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the project funding in various Sectoral and Regional Operational Programs (OP).
In the OP “Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship”, projects with a total budget of €69,359,378.47 have been included until now. The legal commitments amount for €17,874,148.05 and the expenses are until now €1,709,531.33
In more detail, these projects are:
- “Lighting of the Spinalonga Castle” (Act number ΣΑ 2010ΣΕ01180005, MIS number 29604, duration 30.10.2010 – 31.12.2013, total budget €1,021,462.18)
- “Modernisation of the lifts of Parnassos Ski-centre (1st Phase) (Act number ΣΑ 2010ΣΕ01180006, MIS number 3744644, duration 10.12.2011 – 10.11.2015, total budget €17,000,000.00)
- “Modernisation of the lifts of Parnassos Ski-centre (2nd Phase) (Act number ΣΑ 2010ΣΕ01180006, MIS number 374464, duration 10.05.2012 – 31.12.2015, total budget: 14.000.000,00€)
- “Eco-tourism Park at Fanari, Rodopi”. Modernisation of Basic Infrastructure Networks and Development of New Tourism Infrastructures (Act number ΣΑ 2011ΣΕ01180020, MIS number 364073, duration 08.11.2011 – 15.10.2015, total budget €2,800,000.00)
- “Restoration and promotion of the Achilleion complex in Corfu” (Act number ΣΑ 2011ΣΕ01180019, MIS number 364913, duration 30.06.2011 – 31.10.2015, total budget €14,473,542.28)
- “Environmental upgrade, natural environment protection and management – visitor transportation in the area of PPCo’s real-estate in Paliouri, Chalkidiki” (Act number ΣΑ 2011ΣΕ01180021, MIS number 364850, duration 15.06.2011 – 15.06.2015, total budget €1,700,000.00)
- “Eco-development Park at Kaiafas Hot Springs”. Completion and modernisation of basic infrastructure networks and development of new tourism infrastructures for overnight accommodation (Act number ΣΑ 2012ΣΕ01180000, MIS number 370745, duration 30.07.2012 – 30.09.2015, total budget €8,055,230.00)
- “Restoration and promotion of the caves and the facilities of Diros, Laconia prefecture" (Act number ΣΑ 2012ΣΕ01180020, MIS number 374912, duration 30.04.2012 – 15.12.2015, total budget €10,309,144.01)
In the OP “Public Administration Reform” an invitation towards PPCo has been sent, with a budget of 10,000,000 euro, concerning the implementation of a land plotting and spatial data digitisation program for the company’s real-estate, by taking advantage of the Information and Communication Technologies, and at the moment the technical sheet of the act is being formulated.
In the ROP for Attica, an invitation has been sent to PPCo for the “Regeneration” of urban areas. Complete works for the urban and rural regeneration, with a total budget of: €110,000,000 for the implementation of refurbishment works at Phaleron bay.
Concurrently, the Act: “Support of PPCo for the maturation of the project: Phaleron bay
refurbishment and the project: “Concession of the Phaleron Conference Centre Operation
” (Act code ΣΑ 2012ΣΕ01980298, MIS number 396282, duration 30.07.2012 – 30.12.2015, total budget €165,000.00)