PLANNING PERIOD 2014-2020 – DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS
With the experience gained through the implementation of NSRF’s projects, the main objective of PPCo for the following planning period 2014-2020 is to act directly and indirectly towards generating income and employment, based on the principles of sustainable development and the application of innovations for smart specialisation, contributing to the increase of productivity, efficiency and quality of the national production output.
Specifically, during the following planning period we will aim to:
- Continue the support program for the modernisation of selected tourism – cultural infrastructure of the company’s properties. The goal for the coming period is not only to create additional infrastructures but also to improve, capitalise on and operate existing infrastructures effectively, efficiently and in an environmentally friendly way. We will aim to take initiatives for the implementation of measures which will stimulate the attractiveness and improve in terms of quality the services by the company’s branches, placing emphasis on Hot Springs, cultural infrastructures (monuments, museums), and eco-tourism parks, in order to make them more accessible to wider social groups.
- Develop new sustainable business activities, especially for the utilization of renewable energy sources, and rural development, where we seek to create a real-estate portfolio per geographic area and per sector.
- Focus for the first time on providing public support for the development of private investments in the tourism, cultural and renewable energy sources sectors, and in rural development and urban restorations, with the objective to develop a new type of entrepreneurship.
- Protect the environment and promote the rational use of natural resources. Within the framework of sustainable development we will focus on the protection and promotion of the natural and urban environment, the improvement of the facilities’ energy efficiency and the support of soft forms of development.
- Assist the transition towards a low carbon economy.
- Promote climatic change adaption, prevention and water management.
- Bring the activities and services offered by the company into the Digital Age and information society, ensuring the continuity of the digitisation process of its properties spatial data for plot planning, supporting and organising easy access for the public and the scientific community to the company’s digital portfolio of properties.
- Improve PPCo’s administrative competence in order to meet increased requirements for an effective and efficient re-organisation of its operations, both at its central offices and at its regional infrastructures and branches.
- Support research, and the development of technology and innovation.
- Promote social inclusion and poverty elimination.